lunes, 25 de febrero de 2008

Names!!!!!


Hey...what a hassle!! (ja I just learned) I couldn´t write the 2nd entry of last week I had a problems that´s why that I´m writting it right now....well as you know the teacher is giving us some readings that are really interesting because they let me know more about other countries or cultures for example the three talk about names.


The first one is something that happened with the President Bill Clinton he thought that in Korea the women should have the husband´s name but he was wrong, in Korea and Japan have the same tradition: the women or wives keep the maiden names, here in Mexico is different when they get married retain the maiden name and add the name of their husbands; the 3rd reading is similar because talks about maiden names too, but the difference is these women had to change their names because of their husbands. I think that men are insecure or... I don´t know because they think if we change our names maybe in this way we demonstrate that we love them I´m not agree with this opinion is not necessary to do this kind of things. Another thing is that they want to control us if we do that, like the woman in the reading says is something that happened to her... we´re not slaves of them ja.


In the 2nd one is about 2 girls that don´t like their names. I like only my first name: Gilda, the second I don´t: Edith it doesn´t sound pretty I would never change it because is my mother´s name too. If I have a child I´ll name, if is a girl Silvia Sofía (I love this name), a boy maybe Mario Alejandro. Nowadays there are some parents that name their children with a horrible names for example I know a person that his name is Gaudencio another one Próspero Hemeterio.....nooooo can´t you believe it!!! :S if I had those kind of names I´d suicide myself jaja i´m just kidding....


I think that´s all guys see u...bye bye... and remember BE HAPPY!!!!

No hay comentarios: